A Trip Down Memory Lane with Charles Schulz's Lucille "Lucy" Van Pelt'


When it comes to being "crabby" all of the time, consider my all-time favorite Peanuts comic strip by Charles Schulz:

Lucy: (as she yells at the mirror) "Who is CRABBIEST of us all?  
I have a question. Linus..."

Linus: "I'm watching TV!"

Lucy: "Do you think I'm crabby?"

Linus: "Of course! You're probably the most crabby person the world has ever known."

Lucy: "Some people are up one day and down the next...you never know how to take them...you wouldn't want me to be like that would you?  And who can be pleasant all the time? No one can be pleasant all the time...What do you expect of me?"

Linus: "I don't expect anything of you."

Lucy: "You're no help at all!  All right, how about this? How about a year's schedule which gives you two hundred pleasant days, one hundred "really up" days, sixty crabby days and five "Really down days?  I could live with that, I think..."

Lucy:  "Can we call today one of the "really down" days?"

Linus: "Sure...why not?"

Lucy:  "WHOP!"
(she punches poor Linus butt over teakettle)

Lucy:  "This is going to be great...I still have four "really down" days left and I haven't even touched my sixty crabby days!"

Have a pleasant day, people...and save those crabby ones!




 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Trees Kept Voting for the Axe. . .

It's immoral to even let him run for office. . .

A Day for a little Levity. . .